Dave Ramsey is a national radio host and best-selling author in the area of personal finance. He offers Financial Peace, a 9-week course on personal finance and budgeting, as well as EveryDollar, a free online budgeting software.
To make an electronic payment to the IRS, click the link above and follow these instructions:
1. Complete the Reason for Payment box first, then review and change as necessary the Apply Payment and Tax Period boxes. Click continue.
2. Review the information to ensure it is correct and click continue.
3. To verify your identity, choose a previous tax year and enter the taxpayer (as your spouse if filing jointly) personal information as it appeared on the previous year’s tax return. Click continue.
4. Enter the payment amount, pay date, bank account number and routing number, and choose the account type (checking vs. savings). We recommend you check the box to receive email confirmation of the payment and keep this email for your records. Any payment confirmation numbers will be useful to track the payment with the IRS if there are any questions or issues in the future. Click continue.
To make an electronic payment to the Indiana Department of Revenue, click the link above and follow these instructions:
1. Choose the payment type under the individual section.
2. Choose the tax year and your filing status, then enter the taxpayer (and spouse if filing jointly) personal information and click next.
3. Review the information to ensure it is correct and click next.
4. Confirm the address, email, and phone number are correct. All three of these will need to be entered to proceed to the next screen. Click next.
5. Enter payment amount and click next.
6. Enter the payment date and pay source information and click next. We recommend you keep any payment confirmation emails or payment numbers in your records in case there are any Indiana DOR questions or issues regarding the payment in the future.
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Sign up for our monthly newsletter featuring brief tax updates in an easily readable format.